I recently created a poll, one of the most popular requests was for a recipe! Therefore, I went in search for the perfect recipe, and failed. I did however, find a pretty good recipe which I have adapted myself. I’m so sorry I don’t have exact measurements, I just sort of estimated everything! Anyway, let’s get started!
Smiley Bites (they taste so good that you eat so many, making your cheeks hurt, and finally making you smile!)
Prep and Cooking Time: 5 minutes
Makes: 9 balls
- Roughly 150-170g of dried apricots, chopped. Try and buy the natural ones which are dark brown and have a gooey middle.
- 1/4 of a cup of cranberries, chopped.
- 1/2 a cup of dry ingredients. I used rolled oats (porridge oats), and desiccated coconut.
- A small handful of mixed nuts and fruit, chopped. I used cashews as my nuts.
- Extra coconut to cover the balls in.
Combine the apricots and cranberries until well mixed. Add all the other ingredients and use your hands to combine everything together really well. Form balls and roll in the extra desiccated coconut. Set in the fridge for 15-30 minutes. Enjoy!
These are so easy and delicious. I think that they’d be perfect to replace a sneaky bar of chocolate whilst doing homework or watching YouTube!
Let me know in the comment if you try these out and what you think about them!
Until the next post,